Just another useless catalogue distributor in my humble opinion, doing zero
outreach and then with the gall to actually charge a percentage.  After
selling hundreds of copies of my film "Judy Chicago & the California Girls"
to institutions in the US and abroad, with many copies to Australia and NZ
(their territory), I unfortunately got tangled up with them for a few years
and could experience, firsthand, their complete ineffectiveness. (I know I
advocate DIY, but I thought--what the hell, if they could bring in non-US
sales I wouldn't otherwise be getting).   While I was with them, though, I
sold many more to Australia and NZ than they ever did (still am), and then
would receive their mournful little notes each year about how I'd sold
nothing through them, both DVD and digital.  Yeck!  Too depressing.  I got
out of there fast.  Check for yourself their massive lack of success by
going on Worldcat.org, the database of all library holdings on earth, and
looking them up under DVD.  All their films will come up with their
enticing 1 and 2 sales.

BTW, people, Faith Fuller of Desktop Documentaries just put up an interview
with me on the process of DIY distribution that you will want to check out:

http://www.desktop-documentaries.com/distributing-your-film-to-universities-libraries-and-specialty-markets.html

Judith Dancoff
NewFilmMarketing.com
Breakthrough Strategies for Academic DIY
Los Angeles, CA  90065
323-225-5633

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:23 PM, dgurl...@soundviewmediapartners.com <
dgurl...@soundviewmediapartners.com> wrote:

> I am interested in ascertaining if anyone is using Kanopy as a suplier of
> digital film collections.
>

> [image: FINAL SV logo4 TIGHT CROPsmalldg copy]Dan Gurlitz
>
> Soundview Media Partners LLC
>
> 917-402-0460 / dgurl...@soundviewmediapartners.com
>
> www.soundviewmediapartners.com / www.facebook.com/SoundviewMediaPartners
>
> www.linkedin.com/in/dangurlitz