Dear Videolibbers

I regularly read the very helpful daily digest from the site and was
interested to see a conversation a few weeks back about free online
access to BBC content - specifically, in this case, to Connections 1.
This is really a word of thanks, as it prompted us to be in touch with
the relevant BBC brand protection people to have these videos taken
down from the file sharing sites.

Although this type of illegal posting of copyrighted content is rife
and we cannot hope to combat it overnight, we are working with the
relevant people to reduce it wherever possible. As the educational
rights holder to large amounts of the BBC programme catalogue, we are
keen to work with those in the educational distribution landscape and
the community in general to ensure that authorised content wins out
over unstable, illegal versions.

We are working hard with our distributors to make as much BBC
programming available as the underlying rights will allow.....if there
are ever titles which are of interest but appear to be unavailable
aside from on an illegal stream, we will always be happy to
investigate the possibility of bringing these out of the archive for
genuine distribution.

Thanks again for all the continued useful info which crops up here!

Jeremy

Head of Sales and Licensing
BBC Active
Pearson