From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Brewer, Michael M -
(brewerm)
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:06 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Libraries that stream their own titles

It doesn’t. I was just clarifying that digitizing (and streaming) entire works
is not necessarily illegal. When those kinds of statements are made, I like to
remind people that the law does allow for this in certain circumstances.

Also, it does not matter if the rights holder objects unless they begin
commercializing the work or are willing to make it available for sale at a
reasonable price.

Michael Brewer | Librarian | Head, Research & Learning