Judy Shoaf

From:  Bogage, Alan

Here’s a post from Duke faculty/lawyer who presented recent MOOC on copyright
which seems to support limited and reasonable portion, not the whole film.

http://blogs.library.duke.edu/scholcomm/2006/12/26/digital-video-in-a-blackboard-course-site/

However – note:
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011/10/judge-suggests-dmca-allows-dvd-ripping-if-you-own-the-dvd/

So, we wish there was a definitive ruling on this but still seems to be
case-by-case.

Alan Bogage
Senior Director of Library, Media, and Distance Learning
Carroll Community College
1601 Washington Rd.
Westminster, MD 21157
410-386-8339