Thanks so much, Becky! Very helpful information. I also received a question off list and would like to clarify what I meant by 'rental collection' -- my conception of it pretty much matches what Becky outlines below: a supplemental collection that is rented by the Library from a vendor, and then loaned out to patrons -- not a collection that it purchased and rented at a cost to the borrowers.

Best,
Meghann