The annual Kraemer Copyright Conference at UCCS will be held on June 1-2, 2015
on the University of Colorado Colorado Springs campus. This conference offers
public, academic, and school librarians the opportunity to learn about U.S.
Copyright Law and how it impacts the services we offer our patrons.

An optional pre-conference session will be held the afternoon of June 1st. This
session will review the basics of U.S. Copyright Law that every librarian
should be familiar with.

On June 2 there will be a full day of educational activities!

We are excited to welcome back Dr. Kenneth D.
Crews<http://www.ghplaw.com/Content/Attorneys/Kenneth_Crews.htm>, who will lead
sessions on how to identify copyright issues at your institution.

Kevin Smith, Director of the Office of Copyright and Scholarly Communications
at Duke University and author of the popular Scholarly Communications @
Duke<http://blogs.library.duke.edu/scholcomm/> blog, will be joining us this
year to speak about the tools available to help librarians in addressing
copyright issues.

In our afternoon break-out sessions we will explore relevant copyright topics
more in-depth.

Thanks to the generous support of our conference sponsors including the Kraemer
Family Endowment, the Colorado Library Consortium (CLiC), the Colorado State
Library, and the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries, conference
registration is free!

Visit our conference webpage to learn more about this event:
http://www.uccs.edu/library/copyrightworkshop.html.

You can register for the pre-conference and conference sessions here:
http://www.uccs.edu/library/copyrightworkshop/registration.html. Please note
that registration will close at midnight on May 11!

I am delighted to announce that the Colorado Library Consortium will be
offering several $100 scholarships to help cover travel expenses for those
participating in the 2015 UCCS Copyright Conference. Information regarding the
application process can be found here:
http://www.uccs.edu/library/copyrightworkshop/scholarship.html.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about
registration or the conference.

Best,
Carla Myers

Assistant Professor
Faculty Director of Access Services and Scholarly Communications
Kraemer Family Library
The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs