From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Meghann Matwichuk
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:20 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] what is a good word for "obsolete" media?

I also use the world "legacy" when referring to 16mm, laserdisc, etc.  I don't
quite do that with VHS yet.

--
Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Associate Librarian

On 6/8/2015 12:07 PM, Nell J Chenault wrote:
Legacy

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Maureen Tripp
<maureen_tr...@emerson.edu<mailto:maureen_tr...@emerson.edu>> wrote:
and I know they are not really obsolete.  But formats for which playback
equipment isn't always available?  Like 16mm film, vhs tapes, etc.?
I've been calling them heritage media, but wondered if there are other, more
widely used, terms?
thanks--
M.T.