I was going to say pretty much what deg did: Why wouldn't you allow students to
checkout videos?

One week for all (except reserves of course). Faculty can ask for extensions
(most know they don't get fined). Students can re-check out if needed.
We have far more leverage with students than the faculty to get videos back on
time -- late fees (up to $10) and the default replacement billing ($200) put a
hold on their campus record, which gets their attention if they ignored the
email notices.
Community users get same terms as students.

~Barb
Minnesota State University, Mankato

On Jun 11, 2015, at 1:24 PM, Lowell Lybarger