Hi Karen,
I'd be happy to share my experiences with you offline.   Here a link to a
recording of a VRT panel on Video Librarianship 101 for public libraries on ALA
connect which includes my presentation on DVD Security Issues.
http://www.eventscribe.com/2014/ala-annual/presentationinfo.asp?presenter=&sess=&pres=65849&sessID=41104
Cheers,
Michele McKenzie
Vice Chair, ALA Video Round Table
Reference Librarian, City College of San Francisco