Thanks that seems to jive with my memory. However no mention of the DVD
release in Pakistan I can't imagine why.

Every few years there are rumblings Disney might actually let it out but
nothing ever comes of it.

I would say the 2nd most requested never released and in this case nowhere
in any format (legally) is PORGY AND BESS the Preminger film . Over the
years many never released titles have trickled out. Some titles still have
rights problems like SUPERSTAR or LETTY LYNTON . However the overwhelming
majority of films that were unavailable 10 or 15 years ago have been
released.