A Gay Girl In Damascus: The Amina Profile is available in teh Sundance Doc Club
subscription and not available on Amazon yet. Does anyone know any other places
to acquire a copy. I haven't contacted the filmmakers/producers yet.

http://www.docclub.com/a-gay-girl-in-damascus-the-amina-profile/documentary/411/?gclid=CIz9joWxk8kCFZKBaQodHWwNVg

Amazing story, I hadn't followed this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Gay_Girl_In_Damascus#Documentary:_The_Amina_Profile

It's listed as "Coming Soon" on the NFB site, and they produced it.
https://www.nfb.ca/film/amina_profile

I would say the best thing would be to contact the filmmaker Sophie Deraspe
directly and see if she would send you a copy for playing to the class. When it
comes out we could acquire it. I will also write to our NFB rep to see if we
can get an "early" copy but they may be doing post production on it. I couldn't
track down an email for her.

IFC is the U.S. distributor.

Randal Baier
Eastern Michigan University