Happy Monday,

I am trying to locate the actual code from the Copyright Office for a
citation so I can figure out if this statement is true or false, or
somewhere in between. Since this statement didn't have a source, I'm trying
with no success tracking down the relevant code to verify the accuracy of
this.

SCENARIO: An instructor requests a copy of a library-owned video in a format
that will play on University classroom equipment in Europe or Asia, such as
PAL format.

GUIDELINE: This would be a fair use if a copy in the needed format cannot be
purchased at a reasonable market price.  The library may make one copy of
the media and place the original in storage until the copy is returned and
destroyed.

Thanks!

Jodie

Jodie Borgerding, MLS

Instruction and Liaison Librarian

Missouri Library Association President-Elect

Webster University Library

470 E. Lockwood

St. Louis, MO  63119

(314) 246-7819