Save the Date!
I am excited to announce that the fourth annual Kraemer Copyright Conference
will be held on June 6-7, 2016 on the University of Colorado Colorado
Springs<http://www.uccs.edu/> campus. This conference offers public, academic,
and school librarians the opportunity to learn about U.S. Copyright Law and how
it impacts the services we offer our patrons. Visit our conference webpage to
learn more about this event:
http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference.html.

We are excited to welcome back international copyright expert Dr. Kenneth D.
Crews (http://www.ghplaw.com/Content/Attorneys/Kenneth_Crews.htm) and Kevin
Smith, Director of the Office of Copyright and Scholarly Communications at Duke
University (http://blogs.library.duke.edu/scholcomm/). Both will be serving as
keynote speakers as well as presenting various conference sessions. We are also
excited to welcome Donna Ferullo, Director of the University Copyright Office
at Purdue University (https://www.lib.purdue.edu/uco/contact.html), who will be
hosting the preconference session and participating in conference programming.

Call for Proposals
We are seeking proposals for excellent break-out sessions, poster sessions, and
contributed papers on copyright issues and best practices. Topics should
address some type of library copyright issue or a related topics such as open
access, scholarly communications, and licensing issues. All proposals are due
by 12pm (Mountain Standard Time) on January 15, 2016. Visit this webpage to
learn more about the proposal submission process:
http://www.uccs.edu/copyright/kraemerconference/proposals.html.

Registration
Registration for the 2016 Kraemer Copyright Conference will open in January
2016. Once again, this year's conference registration will be free to all
attendees thanks to our generous sponsors.

Questions?
If you have any questions regarding this event or the proposal submission
process please contact me at 719-255-3908 or cmye...@uccs.edu.

Best,
Carla Myers

Assistant Professor
Faculty Director of Access Services and Scholarly Communications
Kraemer Family Library
The University of Colorado at Colorado Springs