I saw this on PBS in the afternoon on my weekday off, years ago, and it has
always stuck with me. It's an hour long, but it is thoroughly engaging and
packs a wallop in what feels like 15 minutes. "Building the American dream:
Levittown, NY" http://store.cinemaguild.com/nontheatrical/product/1323.html

You may be interested in this part of the series "Race: The Power of
Illusion," "The House We Live In,"
http://www.pbs.org/race/000_About/002_04-teachers-07.htm

"A City Is Born" looks interesting as well, though I haven't seen it to
recommend it: http://statemuseumpa.org/levittown/two/k.html Maybe not so
curiously, it is Levittown, PA, not the Long Island suburb.

“Hard Times: Lost on Long Island" looks fascinating, if not like a total
bummer, too. http://www.wnyc.org/story/221452-blog-long-island/

Best,
Elizabeth McMahon

Elizabeth