The American expert on Mario Bava is Tim Lucas of Video Watchdog. He would
have a good opinion on this. His email is pr...@videowatchdog.com

Looking at the information, the Arrow Blu-ray version from England seems to
be the best, but that might be region-blocked (though I doubt it) and
you're looking for DVD.

Kino Lorber usually does good work and it seems they are offering the
English version in the release. You might want to call them and ask.

If there's a DVD-R version, I suspect it's not good.

Best regards,
Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128 / Harrington Park, NJ 07640