Hi all,

Perhaps more if a collection development Q.  Any advice is appreciated.

I'm trying to find information on collection development/copyright for
screenplays.  We have been given hard copy film scripts, mostly current motion
pictures, television and pilots (in different iterations); donated to our
library from various individuals.  I've been trying to ascertain how librarians
deal with script donations, legally.

In the past, we've received donations from an alumni who works at major talent
agency in LA and we had the scripts bound and the catalogers dealt with the
records from OCLC.  I'm assuming he gets the scripts from many different
projects and just sends me copies.

The question is asked - who owns these scripts?  To be perfectly honest, I'm
not really sure in all cases.
I'm not finding much in the way of chatter about this - just some qualitative
info on how it is so easy to upload scripts, there are many free upload sites,
and it is so easy to get a copy of a motion picture script, etc etc.

Does anyone have any particular info on this subject, or has wrestled with it
in the past?
Thanks, as always,
lorraine