Hi All,

Since the Beyonce Lemonade long-form video aired on HBO, I've been keeping an eye out for a DVD release. I know I'll be asked to purchase it for course use soon, but haven't yet seen anything pop up regarding hard copy availability. I do see three libraries that appear to have the DVD via Worldcat (and it actually appears to be a DVD, not the audio CD which has a short video clip included as a bonus). But, no luck finding a source. I did notice the following today via Wikipedia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemonade_%28Beyonc%C3%A9_album%29>:

"Lawsuit: In June 2016, it was reported filmmaker Matthew Fulks sued Beyoncé, Sony, Columbia and Parkwood Entertainment for allegedly lifting elements of his short film, Palinoia, for Lemonade. The lawsuit specifically targets the trailer for the HBO special. Fulks claims executives and creatives involved in Lemonade were aware of his work and had access to Palinoia. Fulks said he was previously contacted about the opportunity to direct a video by the Columbia-signed musical group MS MR and his clips — including Palinoia — were sent to various people at the label, including frequent Beyoncé director, Bryan Younce. Fulks further claimed that in July 2015, Younce invited him to submit a video treatment to Columbia for consideration. Filming for Lemonade began five months later."

Wondering if this might be a part of the delay in making this available -- there was also a notation re: a future Emmy push that makes me wonder if the intent is to release it as something of a campaign closer to then. At any rate, I thought I'd reach out to the Collective Brain to see if anyone had any possible suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

--

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Associate Librarian