From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Katie Aldrich
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:14 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Amazon Prime

This discussion is very interesting.  I work with acquisitions, licensing, &
copyright in an academic library, and I have always interpreted "personal" as
being a family/friends/individual situation.  I think fairness dictates that
any organization or company activity - even if limited in number of attendees -
would no longer qualify as personal.  I believe that is why the copyright
exemption for classroom use exists.  There would be no need for it otherwise.

It's been my understanding as well that license always trumps copyright,
because you are agreeing to something contractual in nature.

I appreciate the discussions that happen on this listserv.  It's great to have
an opportunity for professionals of different fields to collaborate on these
issues and to share their experience, insights, and expertise.

Katie Aldrich