Hi guys,

I'm a bit short on time these days, so I'll just comment on one thing:

 >>> + need to get the underlying OpenCL pointers out of ViennaCL --
>>>    and be able to pass them back in
>>
>> One thing to watch out for here is ownership semantics. If ViennaCL
>> insists on owning storage, then you may be forced to copy to preserve
>> correctness.
>
> This is something I will also have to be careful about -- thanks for
> reminding me beforehand!

Objects in ViennaCL do not require ownership. A user can use
preallocated buffer, wrap that into a vector/matrix/whatever object,
carry out some computations, then destroy the wrapper object and
continue to use the buffer as usual. So, the use case above is perfectly
fine.

Best regards,
Karli