Hi,

 >     See above :-) There are good reasons for dropping infos<>(),
>     particularly as we cannot assume that each OpenCL SDK returns the
>     requested information as rapidly as we might need it.
>

> Hmm, then a good solution would be to internally use infos<> whenever a
> viennacl::ocl object is not yet created or cached ; it would centralize
> the C API calls into the infos.hpp header instead of the class
> definitions. I can do that, and add similar methods for ocl::program and
> ocl::kernel if needed.

we agreed that we will get rid of infos<> entirely once all other
classes get the respective members. Why should we torture the compiler
with member functions, which redirect to a templated function just to
call a C routine? If you want to use infos<> as a convenience layer
which gets instantiated for a few types, I'm okay with that. But
unconditionally using it in all member functions to come will certainly
not result in the reduced compilation times you were suggesting
initially. ;-)

Best regards,
Karli