Hi Matt,

thanks again for your interest and feedback :-) Philippe mostly answered
your external BLAS-related questions, We may, if at all, provide only a
few partial BLAS hooks, but instead squeeze out more performance from
fusing multiple BLAS calls into a single kernel.

 From my standpoint, what I expect to be addressed in the ViennaCL 1.6.0
release is, vaguely in order of priority:
* Full integration of the micro-scheduler and the generator
* Fully HTML-based Doxygen documentation
* Support for reductions
* Get rid of Boost as much as possible/reasonable
* Stabilize existing (experimental or OpenCL-only) functionality

I'm hoping for a full release towards July, with features incrementally
showing up in the developer repository as usual. We will then also see
how it goes with respect to the generator vs. external BLAS libraries
and whether this makes actual sense for users. For GPUs there's probably
little value because the generator is already pretty fast, yet I see
some potential in scenarios for the CPU backend, whenever there's no
OpenCL SDK available.

Best regards,
Karli