Hi Toby,

 >> thanks for the reports. I'll run the respective functions through a
>> valgrind-like environment today, but I don't expect something to show up
>> at this point. The direct solve kernels for dense matrices are unchanged
>> for quite some time and haven't shown anything suspicious in the nightly
>> tests for *months* now. Thus, I'm very tempted to assume that this is a
>> problem with beignet - yet I'll double-check.
>
> Yes, I think so, too, now. But it is weird that I received a segfault on
> nVidia initially, too. I haven't studied the kernel caching mechanism:
> at the moment, the PyViennaCL cache directory is versioned, but should
> it also be separate for different devices? (And I will need to remember
> to clear out the cache directory for different viennacl git revisions,
> or add a mechanism to include the git reference..)

The caching mechanism computes a hash of the source code and uses that
hash to access the binary object. I doubt that there is binary
compatibility across different OpenCL SDKs.

Philippe, does the caching mechanism take that into account and store
separate binaries for each OpenCL SDK? Or is the SDK name part of the hash?

Best regards,
Karli