Karl,

Okay, I thought that would be a workaround.  Does the current `resize`
method create a copy of the matrix internally as well?  Ideally one could
resize without the copying overhead.

Also, would you consider this as new functionality to be added in the
future?  If so I can create a new github issue but if not, this workaround
should be sufficient unless there is a way to avoid the aforementioned copy
overhead.

Thanks,
Charles