PS. mapping operator=() seems to do something and i seem to be able to run
matrix-matrix multiplication between matrices created on OpenCL context. so
even though i have not ascertained the result of the operation being valid,
at least i am not getting not-initialized error. So that looks promising.

however, please let me know if there are more straighforward ways to send
already properly formatted matrix data to the device matrices -- matrix()
and compressed_matrix(). Thank you very much for your help.
-Dmitriy