Julian Bradfield skrev:
> Most of the fsfmacs vs xemacs differences in VM are encapsulated in
> VM's own abstractions. Unless you're planning on removing VM's
> abstractions, which would be bad design, because fsfmacs might change
> things in the future, there should be no need to remove the XEmacs
> code. It would of course be incumbent on XEmacs users to add any
> XEmacs-specific code required for new features.

My main worry is the limited developer resources. From the
conversation it sounds like everyone, myself included, will only have
a very limited time to spend on this.

Just keeping the XEmacs variant in code not otherwise touched is one
thing. But if someone attempts to fix some of the shortcomings of VM,
and that would require some larger refactoring, then I would not want
to discourage that someone by adding requirements to maintain XEmacs
compatibility.

Göran