Janus Dam Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> TheN I misunderstood you.

Okay :-) If you take a look at this commit from earlier today, then
you'll see why I think code reviews are important:

  http://hg.viff.dk/viff/rev/047a9f4e23bc

>> I think you misunderstand why I started sending out the messages. It
>> is very common to send out such messages when developing free
>> software, and their main purpose is *code review* -- when I am
>> following a software project I look at the changes to the code to
>> understand it and more importantly, to understand the intensions of
>> the developers.
>
> Currently I am satisfied to read the highlevel discussions on this
> list. I am not going to look at the code, at least for now, so the
> commit messages are just more spam mails I have to delete.

I can understand that, I just figured that people would have set up
filters to sort these messages into a folder by now, and so one more
mail wouldn't make any difference.

For now I can easily subscribe people by hand to the notification mails,
and if the demand suddenly rises, then we can always make a dedicated
list for the mails.

--
Martin Geisler