"Claudio Orlandi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

(I send your off-list reply back on track)

> Where is a description of the new protocol?

"Use the source, Luke!" :-)

It is just the normal passive multiplication protocol where I have cut
away all the work that is not needed: we only need 2t+1 shares to
recombine, so only 2t+1 players will even calculate and broadcast
shares. The others simply wait on the 2t+1 shares.

>> The good question is now how we can get the best of both worlds so
>> that the case with (n, t) = (3, 1) remains fast.
>
> What about "if n=3 then RunOldProtocol else RunNewProtocol"? :)

Wrong syntax:

  "if n=3: RunOldProtocol() else: RunNewProtocol()"

:-)

But apart from that then you're right -- maybe that is what we have to
do if we can find a nice way to do it.

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.