Points noted - and anticipated ;-)

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Corona [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 February 2005 06:13
To: vihuela
Subject: Re: Batov workshop trip

Dear Rob,

I read with interest your account to A. Batov's
workshop, and I should state, with all due respect,
that I disagree with the identification of the
Dias-based instruments as vihuelas. This is a subject
on which I have already expressed my views on the
lute-list, and my reasons for objection to such an
identification are available on its archives. While I
don't intend to open again the can of worms, I
nevertheless felt that I should let statements
regarding the Dias guitar such as "many agree that
these instruments are suitable choices upon which to
base the construction of a vihuela" (only one luthier
as far as I know of), or the questionable description
of some instrument as "Dias vihuela in E" or "Dias
vihuela in A" pass unnoticed.

With best wishes,
Antonio