To my knowledge Thomas, there is not any ensemble music specifically for
vihuela & other instruments.  There are many modern recordings, but I think
they are all arrangements.  They may have used vihuela solos or songs as
something from which to begin, but consulted with other versions to come up
with an arrangement.

There are some interesting ensemble recordings of Jose Miguel Moreno doing
this.  One is a CD, now sadly out of print, of adap[tations of music by
Fuenllana.

ed

At 11:30 PM 2/28/2005 +0100, Thomas Schall wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>a question: is there something like ensemble music with vihuela?
>
>I just know about the songs and wonder if there is literature to play with
>other instruments (like the english broken consort for example).
>
>Best wishes
>Thomas
>
>--
>Thomas Schall
>Niederhofheimer Weg 3
>D-65843 Sulzbach
>06196/74519
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

>To get on or off this list see list information at
>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812