just gave your reply a good reading and in the time
honored tradition of the nonplused i'll have to say we
agree to disagree.

you see the charango from a modern academic
prospective with more knowledge than i'll ever have.
i see it from an earlier prospective with what i
imagine would be the reaction of an itinerant musician
from the renaissance or baroque.

in any case, as everyone has pointed out, there's no
historic repertoire for a 5c. instrument in the
present charango tuning and the list seems to be
geared toward what the "magnificent seven" wrote and
the few examples which remain of the instrument they
played on.

it's a shame though.  as beautiful as the music is,
the charango deserves more than just melodies from the
andes.

regards - bill