-----Original Message-----
From: Monica Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 5:08 PM
To: Lex Eisenhardt
Cc: vihuela
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: *** SPAM *** Re: Doizi de Velasco

> I sincerely doubt if it is that.easy. There are situations in
Foscarini's
> music that I find difficult to explain and where there is a choice to
be
> made. He sometimes writes really crude dissonants. For those who have
> Foscarini at hand: try the first line of the Passacalle passegiate
sopra
l'E
> on p. 32. Including all courses in all the chords may be on the edge.
But
> maybe it is the best solution.

Monica -"After a very quick play through (it's 10 o'clock and past my
bed time) I
actually don't think so.  The second chord may be misprinted - the 3
perhaps
should be on the third course, and the first course should be left out
throughout the passage except in chord E.  Foscarini's music is
notoriously
badly printed."

For those that don't have the book:
The first chord is (E), "dmin" the second chord is :
3
-
2
3
-

Is the third chord this?(kind of unclear) :

1
-
2
3
-

This is a descending bass line over the d minor chord (E) . if you play
the open first course it gets very rich.