Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:47:29 -0400
To: "Fossum, Arthur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu
From: "Eugene C. Braig IV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: proposed name change

At 11:40 AM 9/6/2005, Fossum, Arthur wrote:
>As far as lists for CG there are two yahoo lists, there is the cg-hist
>list, the Eskimo list. All of these could cover 19th century performing
>practice etc.

All these could...but don't. I am on several guitar forums and serve as a
moderator of one. I don't like flame wars and I do like guitars, 4-course
to early six stringers and beyond. Posting questions specifically on
gut-strung instruments at places like those you list, Arthur, almost never
yields any meaningful responses whatsoever; they are flooded with kids who
want to emulate the LAGQ, Russell, etc. I think the numbers of people who
are interested in actually playing 19th-c. music on 19th-c. instruments are
almost as rare as lutenists. It would be nice to have a corner
somewhere/anywhere for them/us.

Eugene