On Sep 16, 2005, at 4:25 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think it is an ordinary D major chord. The alfabeto 'C' chord is
> rather ornate (and more so than other 'C' chords in other pieces)
> but the N (fifth pos) and H (third pos) chords on the very same
> page also have ornate serifs.

Interesting point. I looked for other Cs to compare, but those are
the only two. There is a bit of a variation in the Ns in the
allemande, but not such a radical difference in my opinion. That
stroke seems absent on the other C in the Corrente. I dunno. I had
been playing it as a normal Dmaj chord.

I've just checked Bartolotti again because that is where I remembered
seeing these "stroked" chords. I see that the alteration in all three
cases is simply leaving off the 5th course. If that were the case
here, it would make perfect sense.

Here is another question for the experts: What do you think about
inegale in Roncali?

cheers,

Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan