Hi vihuela list

On Friday 04 November 2005 21:26, Rob MacKillop wrote:

> Your comment about the bray harp (see below) is an interesting one.
> For those who are unaware, the 'bray' refers to a bit of wood on the
> soundboard of a Renaissance harp which touched the string gently. As
> the string was struck it would buzz as it hit against the block.
[...]
> cut through in ensemble playing. So far I have not heard of one lute
> player who has tried to recreate this sound - does anyone know
> someone who has?

I already had some private communication with Rob of my "kind of doing"
this (only as an effect) . And I sent him the example.

Well same time I learned how to make files from cd... And then put some
solos to the net (wma and mp3). The piece  trying to partly imitate
"bray harp"  is the  Branle de village II.

 And perhaps Bill might be interested in hearing the chitarrino
strumming in my arrangement of Zannetti's Bella Pedrina... ;-)

The address of the page is
  http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/own/

Arto