-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: Monica Hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lähetetty: 3. tammikuuta 2008 16:05
Vastaanottaja: Peedu Timo
Aihe: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: [VIHUELA] Códice de Fray Gregorio de Zuo

What I actually have is not a facsimile but study of the manuscript which
incorporates facsimiles of pages from it - all the work of one Carlos Vega.

I must confess that I have never looked at it very closely but the songs
themselves have only the voice parts - no accompaniment.

It does however include a table of alfabeto chords in tablature  and above
some of these are also given the corresponding Castilian cifras which are
used by Brizeno and Ruiz de Ribayaz.   Then there is a list of the names by
which these were known.   The best known of these is "cruzado" - the D major
chord represented by C in alfabeto, and "patilla" - the A major chord = I in
alfabeto.

The assumption is that an accompaniment would be strummed - by one of the
singers.   There are quite a few Spanish manuscripts of part songs with
Castilian cifras, or in some cases Catalan cifras (those found in Amat)
attached to one of the voice parts.

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peedu Timo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>