  From: RALPH MAIER
  To: Rob MacKillop
  Cc: Monica Hall ; Vihuelalist
  Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 6:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Foscarini made simple

  Thanks and congratulations, Monika. The article looks great and will be
extremely helpful.  I have a question about some of the strummed chords and the
issue of whether or not open strings should be included, especially when
resulting in unacceptable dissonances. At the risk of displaying my ignorance,
isn't it possible that the chords could have been strummed as written, and the
player would mute any unwanted courses with an available left-hand finger? This
might explain at least some of Foscarini's idiosyncracies.