Well, of course, Monica, the playing between rose and neck is well
established and very much in practise today. I was bringing to light the
practice of strumming near the bridge. I think playing near the neck is fine
for all those thousands of alfabeto songs - and as Arto ably demonstrates in
his video. But my gut (-string) instinct is that players of a rougher sort
strummed near the bridge, and Fernandiere indicates, reluctantly, that I am
right.

Moanica (!) seems to be keeping the spirit of disdain alive in her choice of
words: ''I suspect the operative words here are "in barber style".
Me, I can rough it with the worst of them before heading off to Versailles
to play with Marie Antoinette, if you get my drift...

Rob