The thing that slightly puzzles me about these guitar variant tunings is why
some (not all of course) were bothered with.  Some chords (usually the tonic)
are, of course, made easier but others in the same piece not. As you say Murcia
transcribed back......... Rather like him, by and large, I often wish the
others hadn't bothered.  Was it: lute envy, showing off or simply 'doodling' do
you think?

Martyn