Well - if you find it - do let us know!

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martyn Hodgson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Monica Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Re: arch-guitar

Thanks

As said, I have a copy of the pattern somewhere - just have to find it!

I have however now found the FoMRHI article which mentions Strad's
'chitara tiorbata' (by yrs truly): FoMRHI Comm 663 October 1985 'The stringing of a baroque guitar'. Unfortunately, my aim in the paper was to look at evidence for stringing of the top 5 courses and, whilst I refer to Strad's records of the theorboed instrument, I only quote his remarks on the first 10 strings (ie 5 courses) and none on the basses.

MH