Does anyone else find that harmonies, particularly those on the lower strings,
are muddy when played in a tuning respective to an "e" first string?  I can't
quote specific pieces, but non-perfect intervals especially seem to sound
especially unclear.  I don't seem to notice this problem when playing a minor
third higher.  (Octave stringing seems to help all the more.)

Just an observation.

Fred