There are some nice pictures but don't expect much of the text ;)
And you are right, it's certainly hugely overpriced for what it gives ...

If I were you I'd better persuaded your library to get a really gorgeous guitar catalogue of the recent guitar exhibition "The guitar: Four Centuries of Masterpieces" in Alessandria instead (some rarely seen guitars, reasonably well-thought-of text, references etc, all in good balance):

http://ilsalabue.com/lang1/la_chitarra.html

.. Or, indeed, both.

Alexander

EUGENE BRAIG IV wrote:
I've not seen this text in person, but am trying to persuade the music library
at the university where I work that they NEED this on their shelves. Sinier de
Ridder's shop tends to be expensive in all things, instruments included.

Best,
Eugene