At 10:35 AM 12/11/2008, Joshua Horn wrote:
>    I was under the assumption that putting a capo on the third fret would
>    place a standard tuned Guitar into Lute or Vihulea "G" tuning. Yes,
>    solo work. =)

My first bit of advice would be to get rid of the capo unless you
need to adjust pitch for some kind of ensemble work.  The concept of
6-course lutes/vihuelas at some kind of standardized G to g' based
upon A=440 is way outmoded.  A capo at III then is really
superficial.  Tuning your g to f# is much more useful for directly
interpreting vihuela music/tablature.

Best,
Eugene