Sounds fine to me. I think you just wanted to be true to their markedly melancholic nature (the first piece in particular), didn't you, Stuart ;)

Very nicely played, by the way, and with reminiscent scenery ... You should do some more.

Alexander

PS: You can send me the title of the second one and I'll translate it for you.

Stuart Walsh wrote:

Thanks for having a listen. I put up two pieces and they both sound OK to me - in the sense that the sound doesn't keep fading away. The first piece is quite odd in having clearly notated rests: it looks like you should really pause and not let the notes ring on. So maybe the sound wasn't fading but it was just the pauses! Some of this Russian stuff is extremely meticulously notated but maybe I was taking the notation too literally.
And, perhaps we just need one lutelist.

Stuart