   From: Stuart Walsh <s.wa...@ntlworld.com>
   To: Vihuelalist <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
   Sent: Sat, February 12, 2011 3:26:53 PM
   Subject: [VIHUELA] bourdons and no bourdons
   My guitar is a very, very humble thing: it just doesn't make a great
   sound. Anyway, a while a go I had it tuned re-entrantly and made a
   simple recording of 3 easy pieces.
   [1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4gsy_pBqyc
   And I've now got the guitar with bourdons on fourth and fifth,  and
   bourdon-out (as a lute) so the thumb hits the bass note first. And I've
   tired three simple pieces (that I had another go at, ages ago). These
   three pieces are from Selected Pieces from Jacob Kremberg edited by
   Rocky Mjos. (Good, sturdy tunes, Rocky!)
   [2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCiRDLwo-jI
   Bearing in mind this isn't a good instrument it still might be
   interesting how different the guitar sounds in these two contexts.
   Tuned to a low A, the guitar's lowest note is only a tone higher than
   the lowest note on a (six-course) lute in G.
   Stuart

   Don't get soaked. Take a[4] quick peek at the forecast
   with the[5]Yahoo! Search weather shortcut. --