Alas, the tyrannical giant Microsoft and its forced default of top-replying
so dominates the universe of electronic communication that I fear there is
no easy way back to a rational conversational civility.  This note was typed
using MS Outlook (with a tear in the eye for the memory of Eudora).

Eugene