As I have explained several times the licences of Corbetta's La guitarre
royale are dated September 1670 which means that he had assembled the book
and was seeking permission to publish it. Carre was not granted a licence
until 1671.

February 1671 indeed. We know that the printing of Corbetta's book was completed 31 October 1671. We don't know what he has changed or added between September 1670 and October 1671. Like for example the preface. Carré's book could have been printed long before that date. If Corbetta knew the content of Carré's book he could easily have echoed the advice on the stringing of the fourth course.

But If they used different stringing, sure one would be with bourdons
(Sanz).

Not necessarily e.g. Carre.   How do you know he didn't get the idea from
Corbetta?

Carré's continuo examples are almost exclusively in pizzicato. Very different from the usual Italian battuto-pizzicato approach, and Carré has certainly not copied this from Corbetta's 1671 book. The figures in the tablature demonstrate that he was well aware of the structure of the chords. Very often the root of the chord is the lowest note (when played on a guitar in 'French' tuning), but not always. Only in the cadences on p.13 and 14 he makes use of strummed standard chords. It seems he has tried to find practical solutions to deal with the limitations of 'French' tuning. Occasionally it even looks like he is thinking of re-entrant tuning, which may be the arrangement he had started with.

Lex