From: Martyn Hodgson <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
     Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar stringing (again - sigh) was Re:
     Guitar bridges
     To: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>
     Date: Wednesday, 30 November, 2011, 13:53

   Thanks for this Lex.

   One of my guitars does have bourdons on both the 5th and 4th course -
   but I mostly use this instrument for continuo and do, indeed, find the
   basses are pretty strong ('booming') - as I would wish in this context.

   In my view, campanella play is not as effective with this disposition
   as with an instrument without bourdons or just a bourdon on the 4th -
   but I guess you think differently.

   rgds
   Martyn