On 11/12/2011 18:39, Roman Turovsky wrote:
Ancient Greek lute, ancestor of Balkan tamburas.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stuart Walsh" <s.wa...@ntlworld.com>
To: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 1:37 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Agazzari guitar [was Re: Capona?]

On 11/12/2011 16:54, Lex Eisenhardt wrote:

By its tuning, the chitarrino napolitana from Conserto vago does not link up with the alfabeto tradition, as does Millioni’s chitarrino Italiana. If Agazzari had a chitarrino napolitana in mind—hand plucked or played with a plectrum, then there is more reason to suppose that melodic improvisations were played on it, as they were on the violin and pandora

Lex,

What is a pandora? (obviously not a bandora)

Stuart

, which are mentioned in the same breath.

best wishes, Lex

----- Original Message ----- From: "wikla" <wi...@cs.helsinki.fi>