Very nice...  I would love to see this ms some day.  Your little guitar
   sounds very nice.
   As for tuning the mandore, I believe the Chancy ms has three different
   tunings.  His ms seems to be for a plectrum -- well, I was taught that
   he marks up and down strokes, so that would indicate.  He doesn't give
   absolute pitches, he just tunes to the frets.  But the tunings are
   (from memory):
   --h-------- D
   --a--f----- A
   -----a--f-- D
   --------a-- G
   --h-------- D
   --a--f----- A
   -----a--h-- D
   --------a-- A
   --h-------- D
   The last one is pretty interesting, for the second suite.  But I
   haven't managed to pull the whole suite together yet.
   Drat...  I hope I haven't stuck my foot into it -- I need to pull the
   ms out of storage and verify that these really are the tunings he has.
   Between work and the guitar, I'm afraid my poor mandore has
   languished.  As have my powers of memory.
   cud