Hello all

I have recently been thinking about the neck and fingerboard of baroque guitar
in historical times as well as modern reproductions. I know maple was the
"standard" (if we can use such a word) for the neck, but was there any well
known alternative woods at the time? When did mahogany take over as an equal
alternative for guitar neck construction? It seems today modern necks are
mahogany or maple.

Regarding fingerboards, was there a standard or common material for baroque
guitars or was it really all over the map?

Harlan